Monday, November 10, 2014

The Time Machine

Oi fam.

I have decided that the mission is like a time machine. You step into it and time just starts flying by. It seems like everything that has ever happened before is a fairytale, and anything that will happen in the future just a daydream. And the time just passes and passes and passes. Weeks, months, transfers, all blurred into one. But the time machine is good. As time passes, you grow a lot, learn a lot, and change a lot.

This week flew by. It´s been really hot again lately. I don´t think that will change for the rest of the mission. Just got to fight through it I guess. My body is just tired. I´m pretty sure I got dehydrated and was with a low fever about half the week, but I just worked through it and am 100 percent again. It´s funny to see these new missionaries all excited with a ton of energy, and me just feeling like an old man. I´m still excited, I still love the work, but I just don´t have the energy I had before. (Is that what you always felt like when we were mountain biking dad? ;) Sorry couldn´t resist.)

But the week turned out really good. Jacquelaine was baptized yesterday. We have been teaching her for about a month now, and she has loved church and loved everything, but was always really shy about baptism. Anyways, with the help of a lot of members, she finally accepted, and we had a great baptismal service yesterday. She is 17 years old and is doing this completely by herself. But the young women and yw leaders love her, so she has a new family in the church.

We have a lot of great investigators. Luciclea and Fernando went to church with us this Sunday. They loved it. Sadly, they aren´t legally married and just live together, but we will try to get them married here in the next few months. That´s a big problem with a lot of people we meet.

Love you all a ton. Any tips on how to stay motivated in the hot brazilian sun as you finish your mission are welcome :). Tenha uma boa semana!

Abraço,

Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment