Monday, January 12, 2015

quick update

Oi fam,

It has been a great week. Yesterday was a blast. The dias family through me a surprise birthday party. We were walking to a supposed appointment, and my comp stopped at there house to get a cup of water rapidinho. I was kind of bugged, cause we were late to the appointment, and asked him, why don´t we just get a cup of water at the investigators house, but he insisted, and as we walked in, there was a huge cake, tacos, and some great friends waiting to surprise me. They pulled it off really well.

Highlight of the week was the baptism of Débora. She is 19 years old, and we´ve have been teaching her whole family. The rest of the family is really stuck in their church, mostly because her dad is pastor. But he is reading the Book of Mormon, so we will see what happens.

Other than that life has been pretty normal. A bunch of recent converts will be going ot the temple this week to do baptisms. I´ve excited for them. I´ve been letting my companion be senior. I´ve taught him everything I know how to teach, now it´s just letting him learn from experience, so it´s been fun to take a back seat and let him do things.

Love you all. thanks for the birthday wishes.

Evan

1 comment: