Monday, March 10, 2014

Quase um ano já!

Oi Familia!

It´s crazy how fast the time has past by.  In a couple days I´ll have officially hit the one year mark, and for some reason that just doesn´t even seem fair at all. I´ve done a ton, but at the same time I feel like I haven´t done nearly enough for one year, and to think that this second year will fly by probably even faster, I´ve come to realize that I just got to put it all in each and every day.  

I´m sorry me emails have kind of gotten shorter and less interesting.  Sometimes I just feel like hardly anything different has been happening lately, just with a lot of new faces.  My new goal is to take a lot more pictures this new year.  I feel like pictures preserve memories a lot better, but I´ve gotten kind of bad at pulling the camera out.  Oh well,  we´ll make that a new years resolutions of sort.  

We´ve taught a lot of people this week.  A lot of people with a lot of problems.  Smoking, Drinking, Marriage, etc.  In the middle of a lesson with this couple that has been fighting a ton and just put it all out their for us to help, I thought of a talk by Elder Nelson a couple years ago when he said, `Ask the missionaries, they can help you!`  I remember thinking than, and thought it during the lesson, `Wow, do these people not realize I´m like a 20 year old kid who has never been married and has no idea how to do marriage counseling?`  But I guess that all is part of the calling, and so I read over some parts of the A Familia: A Proclamação ao mundo with them, and told them the message we had will help them overcome whatever difficulty they have, and they ended up coming to church which is a great start!  We will see where it all ends up, but I´m sure we were able to make somewhat of a difference.  

We have been having a lot of success bringing people to Church these last couple weeks.  Now we just need to get them reading the Book of Momon and praying.  The three pillars of testimony, no matter what stage of life you are in.  If you are having problems, make sure you are praying, studying the Book of Mormon, and going to church.  It truly brings revelation.  

I´ll try to take more pics for you all this week and this year.  Love you all and stay strong in the journey.  And always remember why we are here, to become perfect in Christ.

 32 Yea, acome unto Christ, and be bperfected in him, and cdeny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and dlove God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may beeperfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect inChrist, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.

 33 And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye asanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the bblood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your csinsthat ye become dholywithout spot.

Espero que vocês tenham uma boa semana e que fiquem firme em fé, sempre crescendo em seu testemunho.

Abraço,

Evan  

No comments:

Post a Comment