Monday, August 26, 2013

A New Beginning

Oi Familia!
Tudo Bem?

I can´t believe school has already started up for all of you.  As I look back on the last year I´ve realized how much I´ve done.  It seems like yesterday I was finishing up work for chick-fil-a, packing up boxes for BYU, and getting my missionary papers all filled out.  Since then I´ve done a semester at BYU, helped start an amazing software company ;), learned spanish (sort of), moved to a different country, and learned Portuguese (sort of).  Crazy.

The big news this week is that I get a fresh start in Brazil.  I found out this morning that me and Elder Barbosa are getting transferred out of Vida Nova.  Not sure if they are closing it or just putting two new missionaries in, but either way, I´m leaving.  I was kind of dissapointed when I found out.  It´s a rough area, but I was kind of excited to get to work.  Elder Barbosa was sick of working here, and since he´s my trainer and senior companion and the only one that speaks Portuguese, it was kind of rough to get him excited to work, and we spent the last two weeks really dragging along.  I was expecting that he would be transferred and I would stay, but I guess you never know what will happen.  Mostly I´m just excited to get a fresh start here in Brazil.  The first transfer was pretty tough, but I feel like now I kind of know what to expect and how to work here, and am excited to give it a new shot in a new area.

Other than that nothing too exciting happened.  Did a couple exchanges with some other elders which was fun.  We got back in contact with Jose e Ana and tought them the Plan of Salvation, and Ana really started to get excited to come to Church, but sadly, their son got really sick Saturday night so they were in the hospital.  All is well now, but I´m leaving so not sure what will happen with them.   Hopefully the other Elders will pick them up.

I guess I´ll just share some more Brazilian culture to finish this letter off.

Motorcycle delivery:  We have pizza delivery in America, but here they have motorcycle delivery for everything.  Be it Pizza, burgers, hot dogs, mineral water, propane gas etc.  It´s kind of fun.  When we order pizza, we usually stop in the store and order it on are way home, and then 20 minutes later here a honk outside and know the pizza is here.  

Churros:  Delicious.  And way better then the churros in America.  They have Churros trucks that drive around, kind of like and ice cream truck.  But when you want a churro, they stop and make the churro fresh.  And the best part is that they fill up the middle with chocolate or doce de lete, and tip the top in nuts, or coconut. Delicious.

Well I guess that´s all for now.  I´ll let you know where my new area is, who my knew companion is, and anything fun that happens this week.  Hopefully I´ll find more success in the future, but as for now, all I can do is work my hardest.  

Love you all,

Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment